Questions? Call us: +1 760-918-6722

Sample EDID for DT070BTFT-PTS1

Do you have any EDID structure information that you would share?  We need to create an EDID link to support this display at 24 bit and an example structure of the 128 byte block would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Replies

engineering_seacomp's picture
engineering_seacomp
August 3, 2018

Hi,

Yes we do.  We need to dig this information up, and we will provide to you in a couple of days.

Thanks,

rfdes's picture
rfdes
August 7, 2018

Thanks, I will looking forward to recieving this sample EDID structure.

Is it possible to send it directly to me?

Take care

Jim

engineering_seacomp's picture
engineering_seacomp
August 20, 2018

Hi Jim,

Sorry for the delay, but we have been tied up with a couple of important projects. The program I use to generate EDID data is called "AW EDID Editor" provided free by Analog Way. Here is the download link:

http://www.analogway.com/en/support/downloads/aw-edid-editor/id:248/

I have attached screenshots of the EDID settings for a product we have developed for a customer using the DT070BTFT display. The settings for your product may be quite a bit different depending upon what you want to advertise to the video source what your capabilities are. Since the size of the display (1024x600) is not a standard VESA resolution, you will probably want to tell the video source to use the detailed timing data to generate video. This will give you a full screen rather than an image with black bars on the sides.

The the vertical and horizontal sync timings are flexible. You can vary these within the limits shown on table 8.1 of the DT070BTFT datasheet. One thing to be careful of is that if you check one of the "Established Timings" boxes such as 640x480 75Hz, most video adapters will assume you can display any resolution listed at 75Hz. It will probably be best to just stick to checking the "Preferred Timing Mode" box and no others.

If you need VESA detailed timing data and other info on DVI/HDMI standards, go to the VESA website:

https://vesa.org/

and click on the "Developer Resources" tab. There is a download link where you can directly download free VESA public standards after registering. They are older versions, but plenty new enough for most developers. 

Hope this helps.

rfdes's picture
rfdes
August 24, 2018

Thanks for the information.  This will be very helpful.

Take care -

Jim