Questions? Call us: +1 760-918-6722

Power generation for the DT070BTFT-PTS1

I’m a lite bit confused, since in a note of the Product Specification DT070BTFT-PTS1 - Revision Record in  Rev. 2.0 is written: “Changed controller/driver from “EK79001DCGB/EK73217ACGA” to “EK79001ECGA/EK73215BCGA” in section 3. General Information”

But on the displaytech homepage are links to EK79007 as source driver IC (same link as in Email answer) and EK73217A as gate driver ICs. Which ICs are the correct One?

Independent of this issue, in both IC (EK79001, EK79007) is a power circuitry integrated, so I thought, I do not have to generate the voltages VGH, VGL.

But in the connection to the TFT display these voltages are on the connection list too. So is this circuitry not used on the display DT070BTFT-PTS1?

Do I have to generate all this voltages (VCOM, VDD, AVDD, VGL VGH), as described in an answer here in the technical forum on an external interface board of the display.

(see topic DT070BTFT-PTS1 LCD module Sequencing in technical forum: With TPS65105PWPR, V01=VADD, V02=VGL, V03=VGH, VCOM=VCOM.  DVDD is obviously applied first.)

Maybe you can support me with this schematic of the TPS65105PWPR.

Replies

engineering_seacomp's picture
engineering_seacomp
July 6, 2018

Hi,

You can use the TPS65105PWPR (which is a TI part, and of course we wouldn't have schematic, but TI has application notes) to supply all the voltages to the DT070BTFT.

The capacitive touch (i.e the PTS1) assembly is completly seperate than the display, as it is a seperate part.

DT070BTFT-PTS is the assembly of a DT070BTFT with a PTS1, you will recognize this when you see that there are two different ZIF connectors.  One for the display and one for the capative touch.  This is unlike other our resistive touch displays, which only have one zif, but more pins.

Looking at the DT070BTFT datasheet:

https://cdn.displaytech-us.com/sites/default/files/display-data-sheet/DT070BTFT-Displaytech-Spec.pdf

You need to supply all the voltages to the display.  Yes, refer to the other form qustion where we indicate TPS65105PWPR, V01=VADD, V02=VGL, V03=VGH, VCOM=VCOM for the display.  DVDD is obviously applied first.

engineering_seacomp's picture
engineering_seacomp
July 6, 2018

Hi,

You can use the TPS65105PWPR (which is a TI part, and of course we wouldn't have schematic, but TI has application notes) to supply all the voltages to the DT070BTFT.

The capacitive touch (i.e the PTS1) assembly is completly seperate than the display, as it is a seperate part.

DT070BTFT-PTS is the assembly of a DT070BTFT with a PTS1, you will recognize this when you see that there are two different ZIF connectors.  One for the display and one for the capative touch.  This is unlike other our resistive touch displays, which only have one zif, but more pins.

Looking at the DT070BTFT datasheet:

https://cdn.displaytech-us.com/sites/default/files/display-data-sheet/DT070BTFT-Displaytech-Spec.pdf

You need to supply all the voltages to the display.  Yes, refer to the other form qustion where we indicate TPS65105PWPR, V01=VADD, V02=VGL, V03=VGH, VCOM=VCOM for the display.  DVDD is obviously applied first.