Questions? Call us: +1 760-918-6722

DT070BTFT LCDS interface with i.MX6 MCIMX6QP-SDB

Hi,

I'm thinking about connecting the DT070BTFT-HB-PTS1 panel with the i.MX6 MCIMX6QP-SDB board. The first problem I can notice are the connectors. In the LCD panel, the Part No.: FH12S-40S-0.5SH has a 40 pin 0.5mm pictch, in the other side, the MCIMX6QP-SDB board has a connector (DF19G-30P-1H) with 1mm pitch. The second is the pin configuration, they are both different. My questions are: Do you have some kind of converter? Have you ever try to connect to this platform? Do you have any idea how can I connect this together?

Thank you very much.

Best regrads,

Pd: Attached to this mail you can find two pictures with the pin description

Replies

engineering_seacomp's picture
engineering_seacomp
April 1, 2019

Hi,

We know that our display works with IMX6 (there are plenty IMX6 application notes on this).

However, we don't have a conversion board to support the hundereds of different ways to connect to from different LVDS wire connectors to LVDS displays.

You will want to just get a "breakout board" for a 40 pin FPC connector, then wire something up.  Search google for "40 pin tft breakout board" or "40 pin zif breakout board".

Thanks,

Oscar Abril's picture
Oscar Abril
April 2, 2019

Thanks for your help, That's was exactly what I was thinking of (40 pin tft breakout board). But I have to ask about the coupling, do you know how bad could be using this kind of connection in terms of noise and signal integrity?

And about the i.mx 6 applications notes, would you please guide me to some of this?

Best regards,

Oscar Abril's picture
Oscar Abril
April 2, 2019

And I almost forget, Would you please confirm me that the touch panel has 10 points?

Best regards,

engineering_seacomp's picture
engineering_seacomp
April 2, 2019

Hi,

In regards to the touch, yes it is 10 points for the capactive touch.

This is an LVDS (differental signal), so this should work.

In terms of the the IMX6 guidance:

For Hardware please see IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

For Software, I was not able to find the app note I was thinking of from a couple of years ago, but I did find this.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/488043

Thanks,