ILI9340 based TFT Modules to be Discontinued
The Ilitek ILI9340 Driver IC used on our DT022ATFT, DT024BTFT and DT024BTFT-TS display modules has been discontinued by the manufacturer. As a result, Displaytech is now accepting last time buy orders for the DT022ATFT, DT024BTFT and DT024BTFT-TS and planning replacements for these popular TFT display modules.
LAST TIME BUY:
- Last Time Buy orders will be accepted until March 1, 2013.
- Blanket orders may be scheduled in minimum 1k delivery lots over 12 months in equal shipments.
The ILI9340 will be replaced by the ILI9341. Important items to note:
- The new ILI9341 versions of our 2.2" and 2.4" TFT displays will be PIN-FOR-PIN COMPATIBLE and ELECTRICALLY IDENTICAL to their predecessors.
- Data sheets and samples are being finalized. Please contact us to arrange samples for evaluation.
- Displaytech will provide sample code for the ILI9341 versions of our 2.2" and 2.4" TFT displays and will respond promptly to all inquiries for any potential modifications required for initialization.
Displaytech is very pleased to offer pin-for-pin and electrically compatible replacements and hope that this approach will have a minimal impact on our customers. Although we generally provide a six-month EOL notification for our display modules, the compatibility of the replacements in this case has led to a shorter than standard notification period. Thank you for your understanding.
Please contact us if you have any questions.